Friday 19 February 2016

TBR-Killer: Update #7 + Book HAUL


I have been a bad girl and couldn't resist buying some new books. - So my score went down to zero. But I can proudly say, I'm out of the danger zone again!
First of all since the last time I wrote an update I finished reading the second and the third book of Ransom Riggs "Peculiar Children" (and I still can't write 'peculiar' properly). Also I read the first book of the "Across the Universe" trilogy by Beth Revis.

I really got to say that I love the world Ransom Riggs creates in his books. The characters are sympathetic and authentic, you can imagine where there are and how there surroundings look like and you feel with them. - I really don't know why this book isn't popular in Germany! Maybe the translation sucks ... I can't tell, I read it in English.

What I've got to say to "Across the Universe" is, that I read the book in one day. I really liked the idea of the story and it is a light read. I felt with the characters, which is kind of important to me, because if I don't like the characters in a book I mostly don't like the whole book. - This also leads to my HAUL, because I had to get book two and three of the series immediately.

So on the right side are book two and three from the "Across the Universe" trilogy (in German the books are called Godspeed) and on the left are book one and two from the "Skullduggery Pleasant" series by Derek Landy. I read book one to five some time ago in German, but now I wanted to reread them and why not reading them in there original language?

Let's count the points together: Three points for finishing three books plus two extra points for finishing "Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children". These are 16 points in total before buying the books. And now we come to that: Twelve points minus for buying four books minus one point for a book of a new series. So we've got three points in total.

TBR-Killer-Score: 3 points

No comments:

Post a Comment