Saturday 13 February 2016

Game Time #1

I really wanted to start something new on this blog, so I decided to do a series where I introduce you to some games I recently played or really like playing. These will be mostly for PC or Android Smartphones, but I'll also look up, if they are available for iOS and Windows Phone.

This episode is about Simon Tatham's Puzzles.
It's a collection of logical puzzles like Solo (also known as Sudoku), Bridges or Galaxy's and 36 others. The game is completely free and available on Google Play and on his Website which you can find here. You also don't need Internet access to play, because the puzzles are completely generated on demand. Also you can adjust the size and the difficulty of your game.

As I love logical puzzles this is a must App on my phone. - It's also easy to learn how to solve new types of puzzles, because the puzzles are quite well explained even in my mother-language, despite this is an English App. Also you won't get bored because of the variety of puzzles.

Greetings to Fabian who told me about this App some time ago!

Have a beautiful day,
Jenny

1 comment:

  1. Oh hey, I'm mentioned on the interwebs! I'm famous!

    BTW, this is the only program I ever actually submitted code to in my spare time. It was a one line change in the controls of "Mines" that allowed me to play the game even faster than I was already doing, by not blocking the "uncover all remaining fields around" move in the inverted mode (short click and long click swapped). So now I can write in my resumes that I am a contributor to open source projects. ;)
    In my most active times I was able to solve a 16×16 field with 99 mines in 1m19s.
    This puzzle collection is also available on Windows (the original even) and Linux, I recently installed it on my laptop and started playing again.

    ReplyDelete