Thursday 1 October 2015

Bookoverview ~ September

Hello and welcome to my first "Bookoverview"! - Here I'm going to show you every month, what books I read and bought this month and how my reading challenge is going. Also I will show you my current score on my TBR-Killer-Challenge.
  1. Books I bought this month: 2
  2. Books I got this month: 3
  3. Books I read this month: 5
Most of the books I bought and read this month won't effect my score of my TBR-Killer-Challenge, because I bought and read them before I started the challenge!
TBR-Killer-Score: 1

Also, I'm going to start writing reviews about the books I read. - These will be in the language I read the book, so a lot of them will be in German.

The Bookoverview is just a short representation about the books I read. In the future I'm going to put the links to the full review of the books at the end of each short review.  

1. Books I bought this month:

 

Blue Moon Rising ~ Simon R. Green

About the book:
ISBN:  978-3867621779
Pages: 656
Format: Paperback
Publisher: Feder & Schwert
Language: German
Price: 14,99€ (D)

Series: Forest Kingdom

Reason I picked it: I stood in front of the Fantasy/SciFi shelf of my local bookstore and just saw, that the title had the word "Regenbogen" (engl.: rainbow) in it. So I picked it up and read the short description on the back - and I just had to buy it, because it sounded a bit like Douglas Adams' style of writing and I loved "The Hitchhiker's Guide"!

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo ~ Stieg Larsson

About the book:
ISBN: 978-3453438200
Pages: 704
Format: Paperback
Publisher: Heyne
Language: German
Price: 9,99€ (D)

Series: Millennium Trilogy

Reason I picked it: About a year ago I watched the movie with Daniel Craig and I loved it. - So the time I saw there was a new, beautiful edition out, I had to finally buy it!


2. Books I got this month:


My birthday was this month, so I got some books as birthday presents. 

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince ~ J. K. Rowling

About the book:
ISBN: 978-1408855706
Pages: 560
Format: Paperback
Publisher: Bloomsbury
Language: English

Series: Harry Potter


Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ J. K. Rowling

About the book:
ISBN: 978-1408855713
Pages: 640
Format: Paperback
Publisher: Bloomsbury
Language: English

Series: Harry Potter

 

 

The Magician's Apprentice ~ Trudi Canavan

About the book:
ISBN: 978-3442375585
Pages:734
Format: Paperback
Publisher: Blanvalet
Language: German

Series: The Black Magician Trilogy

 

 

 

3. Books I read this month:

 

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire ~ J. K. Rowling

Rating: 5/5 monsters
Reading Language: English

I simply love this book. I love the characters, J. K. Rowling's writing style, everything. I don't know what else to say about it. - Right behind "The Prisoner of Askaban" this is my favourite part of the series.




The Elite ~ Kiera Cass

Rating: 4/5 monsters
Reading Language: German

This was kind of a fast read, like the first book of "The Selection" series, but America kind of annoyed me half of the time in the book. She's so fast in switching between loving and hating the two main male characters. This is the reason I have to take off one star from my rating.



Fermat's last Theorem ~ Simon Singh

Rating: 5/5 monsters
Reading Language: German

This is a book for all the Math-Nerds (like me) out there. Simon Singh goes through the whole history of Mathematics to show the journey how Fermat's last Theorem was solved. ("In number theory, Fermat's Last Theorem states that no three positive integers a, b, and c can satisfy the equation an + bn = cn for any integer value of n greater than two." - Wikipedia)


Spirit Bound ~ Richelle Mead

Rating: 5/5 monsters
Reading Language: English

I kind of don't know what to write about this book. - I love the characters, I love Richelle Mead's writing style. The story and the world of  "Vampire Academy" are so fascinating.




The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo ~ Stieg Larsson

Rating: 5/5 monsters
Reading Language: German
TBR-Score +1

I think this is my favourite book of the year so far ... there's nothing more to say.

Full review >>

No comments:

Post a Comment