Tuesday 13 October 2015

Review: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix ~ J. K. Rowling

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix ~ J. K. Rowling (Harry Potter #5)

About the book:
ISBN: 978-1408855690
Pages: 816
Publisher: Bloomsbury
Format: Paperback
Language: English
Price: 11,40 € 



Blurb:

Harry Potter is furious that he is stuck at the Dursleys’ house for the summer, when he suspects that Voldemort is gathering an army, and the wizarding authorities seem unwilling to do anything. Harry’s so-called friends are trying to keep him in the dark. But he knows that Voldemort’s forces can find him wherever he is; he could be attacked at any moment. Harry is finally rescued from Privet Drive by members of the Order of the Phoenix – a secret society first formed years ago to fight Voldemort – and discovers that maybe he is not alone in this battle after all.

Characters: 3/5 Monsters

I have got so many problems with Harry's character in this book. He turned out so arrogant and as such an asshole! - All the time he's like: "I'm the chosen one." - "You can't come with me, because I'm good enough on doing everything alone!" And then he's crying about not becoming Prefect. In the last book he felt really sorry for Ron for not standing always in the spotlight like himself, but now he is jealous, because he didn't get what he never wanted.
On the other hand the other characters are just to cute and nice to remove more than two points. - Except for Umbridge ...

Story Idea: 5/5 Monsters

I don't think I have to write much about this, because Harry Potter is awesome.

Writing Style: 5/5 Monsters

About five years ago, when I was twelve I tried to read this book in German, but I stopped after about half of the book, because I was bored. - But I have to say, in English it's such a different experience! The style of writing is so much better!

Personal Opinion: 4/5 Monsters

This is my least favourite book of the Harry Potter Series. I had such problems with Harry's character change. But it also is such a beautiful book.

Endrating: 4/5 Monsters

To this edition: 

I ♥ the artwork of the Bloomsbury books!

No comments:

Post a Comment