Wednesday 31 August 2016

Bookoverview ~ August 2016


Since I changed the design of my Blog a bit, I thought I could also change the design of my overviews, too. The concept will stay the same, but I'll focus some more on the layout and the short information that I'll give you about the books.

Books I bought this month: 0
Books I read this month: 12

Books I bought this month:

I haven't bought any books this month. - This is a record for me.
Ok, I had a reason: My birthday is next month and I think I'll get a lot of books.

 

Books I read this month:

My summer break started for me this month, so I was able to do some big book reading. I know that some people in the booklover-world think that summer equals reading contemporary novels, but for me, summer equals big fantasy novels. So I picked up these three quite chunky books of "The Black Magician" trilogy.

The Magician's Guild ~ Trudi Canavan

Rating: 3.5/5 stars
Reading Language: German

I really enjoyed Trudi Canavan's writing style, but sometimes the storyline was quite boring, because in the first half nothing really happened. Sonea was just on the run and moved from one place to another.

review >>


BTOOOM! (Mangas 1 - 9) ~ Junya Inoue

Rating: 3-5/5 stars
Reading Language: German

I really had the urge to re-read the whole BTOOOM! series this month. - And they are as good as I remembered.
I really enjoy the concept of the story, and I'm really excited to read the next mangas when they get published in Germany.



The Novice ~ Trudi Canavan

Rating: 4.5/5 stars
Reading Language: German

The second book of the Magician's Guild series was so much better than the first one! There are still some parts which were quite hard to get through, but Trudi Canavan's writing style is just amazing.

review >>


The High Lord ~ Trudi Canavan 

Rating: 5/5 stars
Reading Language: German

This book was just awesome. I've never read a trilogy where the books were getting better and better. I'm now really planning on reading the Sonea trilogy quite soon.

review >>

No comments:

Post a Comment